Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hissi


I had thought about starting my personal blog for a long time, but it would have most probably remained just an idea, or a good purpose, if my friends-colleagues Dirk and Makoto had not pushed me to start writing about my Finnish adventures.
The good opportunity to begin came today, thanks to an event which is meaningful enough to be worth to be told.
I was back to my place from the office and I met one man at the lift. Middle aged, white hair and beard, red cheeks. I say “Hei” and then “viides” (Hi, fifth floor), for a dialogue almost excessive given the local habits.
But that one was not a man like many others, because after my “viides” he replied, with a sentence too complicated for my knowledge of Finnish language, which forced me to switch to English. And there I found the explanation of that unusual behaviour: his face lightened and he told me he was English. We introduce ourselves: he is Peter, I’m Andrea. He has been living in this building for 20 years, I only for one and a half. It was very nice to meet, we might become good friends.

I open the door and enter my apartment satisfied: today was full of surprises. And an Italian song comes to my mind: “Amore al terzo piano”, by Otto Ohm.

o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o

Era da un bel po’ di tempo che pensavo ad iniziare un mio blog personale, ma sarebbe probabilmente rimasta un’idea, o un buon proposito, se i miei amici-colleghi Dirk e Makoto non avessero insistito perché anche io iniziassi a raccontare le mie avventure finlandesi.
L’occasione buona per iniziare è arrivata oggi, grazie ad un episodio che è successo stasera, e che è significativo abbastanza da valer la pena di essere raccontato.
Questa sera ero di ritorno dall’ufficio come sempre, e all’ascensore ho incontrato un uomo. Di mezza età, capelli e barba bianchi, gote rosse. Dico “Hei” e poi “viides” (salve, quinto piano), in un dialogo quasi eccessivo per le abitudini locali.
Ma quello non era un uomo come tanti altri, perché dopo il viiden ha ribattuto, con una frase troppo complicata per le mie conoscenze della lingua finlandese, tale da costringermi a muovere verso una lingua più amica come l’inglese. E lì la spiegazione di tanto coraggio: il suo volto si illumina e mi dice di essere inglese. Ci presentiamo: lui è Peter del terzo piano, io Andrea. Mi dice che vive in questo palazzo da 20 anni, io solo da 1 e mezzo. E‘ stato un piacere conoscerci, potremmo diventare buoni amici.

Apro il portone e rientro in casa soddisfatto: oggi è stata una giornata piene di sorprese. E mi viene in mente una canzone di Otto Ohm, “Amore la terzo piano”.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

questo blog è molto bello...
qundo torni ?
e poi basta co sta roma !!!
cristiano

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home