Friday, October 05, 2007

3

Now they’re 3 (they say it’s the perfect number). On the 5th of October 2004 I landed in Helsinki to start my Finnish adventure.

One year ago I took stock of the past 2 years, and I can now give you an update:

- I took part to the creation of another new Nokia product (N800)

- I survived another Finnish winter

- I am almost bold

- I visited Sydney, San Francisco, San Petersburg, London

- I met new friends

- Some other friends of mine got married

- More graduated, or got a job

- AS Roma won the Italian Cup and Supercup

- Juventus came back to serie A


As for the things that at that time I had not done yet, I still need to find the courage to swim in a frozen lake, but I can tell you that I finally met (I mean saying “hei” and exchanging a few words) someone (my neighbour) in the building where I live. It was nice as long as it lasted, but unfortunately he soon moved away. I hope it was not my fault…

Regarding the food in the office, the canteen was actually renewed, but the real improvement came when I started to bring my own food from home.

Thanks again to all those who tolerated and supported me for one more year.


o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o


E sono 3 (dicono sia il numero perfetto): il 5 ottobre 2004 atterravo ad Helsinki per iniziare la mia avventura finlandese.

Un anno fa avevo fatto già un bilancio dei due anni trascorsi, che posso oggi aggiornare:

- ho partecipato alla creazione di un altro nuovo prodotto della Nokia (N800)

- ho sopravvissuto a un altro inverno finlandese

- ormai sono quasi pelato

- ho visitato Sydney, San Francisco, San Pietroburgo, Londra

- ho conosciuto nuovi amici

- altri miei amici si sono sposati

- altri ancora si sono laureati, o hanno trovato un lavoro

- la Roma ha vinto Coppa Italia e Supercoppa

- la Juve è tornata in A


Per quanto riguarda le cose che a quei tempi non ero ancora riuscito a fare, me ne rimane soltanto una:

- trovare il coraggio di farmi il bagno nel lago ghiacciato

Infatti ho finalmente conosciuto qualcuno nel mio palazzo (il mio vicino di casa), anche se purtroppo è durato poco, perché dopo poco lui si è trasferito altrove. Spero non sia stata colpa mia…

Per quanto riguarda il cibo in ufficio, la mensa è stata effettivamente rinnovata, ma il vero miglioramento è arrivato quando ho iniziato a portarmi il cibo da casa.

Grazie a tutti coloro che mi hanno supportato e sopportato per un altro anno ancora.

2 Comments:

Blogger stezz said...

> I still need to find the courage to swim in a frozen lake

cacchetta... :D

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ancora con questo ho sopravvissuto
ma come se fààààààààààà

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home