Saturday, May 24, 2008

A tourist this time


These are busy and lazy times, and I'm updating my blog too rarely.
So I still need to tell you about my first Vappu in Finland as a tourist.

Helsinki really welcomed me, with wonderful weather and sunny days.
I'm happy I managed to meet many people, even though I still missed some.

Here are some of the things I did:
  • Got the latest updates from my Italialaiset friends while sharing some good Italian food and wines, and had nice chats in Lauttasaari while drinking a beer, like in the good old days.
  • I visited the Nokia canteen and had some real Finnish coffee with my former colleagues, talking about the present and the future of Open Source.
  • I was in Merihaka for the Saturday match with my football friends (nice to see that jalkapallo is growing in Finland: when we started two years ago we could hardly get 10 people to play, now they are partecipating to a tournament with two teams!).
Then, the small ones: I met Tommi for the first time, and Kanta who now walks and touches everything.

I really felt at home those days: a further confirmation that friendship and love survive the distances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home