Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My first days in Italy

It's almost two weeks since I moved back to Rome, but I think I've not realized yet that I'm back permanently, and I'm still in the "holiday" mode, even if I've already started working.

My first feelings are quite positive, but I know it will take some time before I really understand what happened; however I'm already noticing some differences.

Commuting:
The route from home to the office used to take about 20 minutes in Finland; it's one hour in average here. Today I have waited at the bus stop for 1 hour and 5 minutes, but I hope that was an exception.

Lunch:
It has definetely improved, but that's not a surprise.

Weather and sunlight:
I'll skip this: it's not fair to compare Finland to Italy in December.

Workplace:
Even though my current 53 room mates are pretty nice, honestly I'm missing a bit my double room in Nokia...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool, if it continues like that soon you're gonna come back! Happy waiting at the bus stop :)

Salvatore.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe well think waiting the bus for 1 hour in Finllad!! In Rome can be a pleasure!! :)
Welcome back in Italy! (When we'll meet? I go and you came!).
Good luck!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's hardly ever gonna happen. Plus, waiting 1:15h for a bus and be late can't really be a pleasure, can it? Let's be real.

8:09 AM  
Blogger djcb said...

keep the holiday feeling andrea, it's good!

enjoy christmas, we're on our way to amsterdam.

--dirk.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home