Saturday, July 29, 2006

How was GUADEC?

I’ve not told you yet about my experience in GUADEC last June.
It was the first time for me at the Gnome conference, and I must say it was a really interesting experience. I was happy to finally see people I only knew by email, and to meet many new persons, from all over the world.
Among the presentations, most of them of high technical level, I was stricken by Luis Villa’s talk: http://tieguy.org/blog/2006/06/29/gnome-is-people/, for the passion and emotion his words conveyed.
I have great respect for people who put all their efforts in the things they believe in, and Luis is one of them.

My tutorial went ok, and at the football tournament my team got the second place (I scored twice).

After the conference I spent the weekend in Barcelona and it was really nice.

o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o


Ancora non vi ho raccontato come è andato il GUADEC in Spagna, a fine giugno.
Era la mia prima volta a questa conferenza, e devo dire che è stata un’esperienza davvero interessante. Sono stato felice di poter incontrare persone che conoscevo solo via email, e di averne conosciute molte altre, provenienti da tutto il mondo.
Tra le tante presentazioni, quasi tutte di alto livello tecnico, mi ha colpito quella di Luis Villa: http://tieguy.org/blog/2006/06/29/gnome-is-people/, per la passione e l’emozione che trasparivano dalle sue parole.
Ho un grande rispetto per le persone che mettono tutte se stesse in quello in cui credono, e Luis è uno di questi.

La mia presentazione è andata bene, e al torneo di calcetto la mia squadra si è piazzata seconda (io sono stato autore di una doppietta).

Dopo la conferenza ho colto l’occasione per trascorrere il weekend a Barcellona, ed è stato davvero bello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home