Thursday, November 16, 2006

Officially emigrant

Yesterday I got this letter:


Ambasciata_mod2



While I was reading it, I started making some remarks…

1. Dear Mr Ambrosini
- mmm, I guess there’s something wrong here

2. we recorded you to the Registry Office of this Embassy with immediate effect
- thanks, I’m happy to know that starting from today the Embassy officially recognizes me as an Italian in Finland. I applied for that in October 2004.

3. feel free to contact us for any additional information you might need
- thanks, it’s very nice of you. I’ll write to the address written in the heading to correct my name... But are you sure your email address is ambasciata.helsinki@etseri.it? Mmm, shouldn’t it be ambasciata.helsinki@esteri.it?

It's nice to feel home even here.

o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o

Ieri ho ricevuto la lettera riportata sopra.
Leggendola, mi è venuta spontanea qualche riflessione…

1. Gentile Sig. Ambrosini
- mmm, mi sa che c’è qualcosa di sbagliato qui

2. abbiamo provveduto ad iscriverLa nei registri dell’Anagrafe Consolare di questa Ambasciata con decorrenza odierna
- grazie, è un piacere sapere che da oggi l’Ambasciata mi riconosce ufficialmente come italiano in Finlandia: era l’ottobre 2004 quando ho presentato la richiesta

3. Ci consideri a Sua disposizione per qualsiasi ulteriore informazione di cui dovesse avere bisogno
- grazie, troppo gentili. Provvederò a scrivere all’indirizzo riportato sull’intestazione per chiedere la rettifica del mio nome. Ma siete proprio sicuri che il vostro indirizzo email sia ambasciata.helsinki@etseri.it? Mmm, forse è ambasciata.helsinki@esteri.it?

E’ bello sentirsi a casa anche quassù.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simoniito said...

Bello che a te abbiano almeno risposto.
Io sono qui dal 2001 e quella lettera non l'ho neanche ricevuta (penso, anche se mi hanno chiamato a votare).
Sara' che il mio cognome inizia per L?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog googling the embassy's email...

And you made me wonder: I can't remember if I have received such a letter! :O I probably applied some time between end 2003, beggining of 2004 (can't remember that either).

Sorry for writing in english, but since I'm brazilian-italian, I feel more confident like that! :)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home